Scottish Gravity Camp for Advanced Mountain Bikers
|From £146 - £372 (Camp dependent)
|Abernethy Barcaple and Ardgour
Pre Season Weekend:
About the Camps
Take your riding to the next level and ride steeper, faster and bigger than ever before! These great camps for young biking enthusiasts were launched in 2012 and have been incredibly popular ever since.
In 2017 we have 3 great camps on offer with the very best in coaches; Ben Cathro and his Sick Skills team, with riding at Ae, Kirroughtree, Dalbeattie and, new for this year, Fort William!
What will I learn?
- You will develop plenty of new skills and ideas
- You will benefit from the buzz of riding and hanging out with similar age and similar standard riders
- We will help you to put together a personal development plan for the week and there will be daily review sessions to help you reach your goals
- With this personal development in mind, there will also be an evening group discussion time where we will be linking moral dilemmas with Bible references in a relevant way
To achieve these aims, the camps are limited to those aged 11-16 who are already confident riding steep single track trails with rocks, roots and small drops in most conditions as well as taking some air. You will be asked, when booking, where you are currently riding and where you have ridden recently. You may well be currently taking part in a regional or national race series.
If you would like to use this camp as your Gold DofE Residential, please inform the office team when booking.
What is included in the price?
- Full board dorm style accommodation
- Bike coaching programme, with instruction, including XC, DH & Freeriding
- Maintenance tuition
- Evening programme
- Abernethy team member supervision for the duration of the camp
- Secure overnight bike storage & bike wash facility
Download a sample programme HERE
What will I need to bring?
- Bike(s) suitable for XC / Freeride / DH riding
- Helmet (open face and full face if you have both)
- Suitable clothing and waterproofs
- Swim kit
- Body armour (optional)
- At least 2 spare inner tubes
- Spare brake pads
- A small amount of pocket money (optional)
Who is in charge?
During instructed sessions Sick Skills coaches will be tutoring, and Abernethy staff will be accompanying the sessions.
In non-instructed time, Abernethy staff will be supervising you and organising activities. From making sure you make a packed lunch and respect the centre and its facilities to joining in with the coaching sessions, our team will generally be looking out for you during your time away from home.
How do I get there?
Directions to Abernethy Barcaple for the pre-season camp and the May weekend can be found HERE
Directions to Abernethy Ardgour for the summer camp can be found HERE
Dates & Prices:
Pre-season Weekend: TBC 2018
Call 01557 820261 or e-mail for more information. Based at Abernethy Barcaple
May Bank Holiday Weekend: TBC 2018
Call 01557 820261 or e-mail for more information. Based at Abernethy Barcaple.
Summer Gravity Camp: TBC 2018
Call 01967 411222 or e-mail for more information. Based at Abernethy Ardgour with coaching from Sick Skills.
Abernethy Barcaple are also hosting Mountain Biking Weekends for churches and Christian families - more information can be found HERE