House Team Leader - Abernethy Nethybridge
Full time, Permanent contract
Who should apply?
Abernethy's vision is to provide exceptional outdoor adventure experiences where our guests can discover more about themselves, others and God. This role is essential to our ministry as our house team are crucial for providing quality residential experiences for our guests. We are looking for a hands-on team player who has a good level of initiative. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy House Team Leader?
- To supervise, train and work with the Assistant House Team Leader and housekeeping team of Gap Years, ensuring high standards of customer service for up to 100 guests at the centre on a daily basis
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the centre
- To supervise changeover days, including organising the laundry and lost property
- To have a working knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations and COSHH
- To carry out administrative tasks in the office as required
- Active involvement with our Explore Christian programme
- Involvement with the local church
What experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
- A motivated, flexible individual who demonstrates initiative
- Previous experience of working in a housekeeping department along with an excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience of leading a team
- Full UK driving licence is desirable
- Positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
What are the benefits?
- A basic monthly salary
- Full-board, single accommodation provided
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum)
- Use of Centre facilities
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
- Easy access to the local area - the Cairngorm National Park and the Moray coast
How to apply:
Download our application form HERE
Contact Operations Director, Andrew Marrian, informally for more information by calling 01479 821279
Complete an online enquiry form and we will be in touch
e-mail our Recruitment Administrator, Steph Walling or call her on 01479 818001
Abernethy is a group of 4 residential adventure centres and a bunkhouse in Scotland and we are all about living life to the full with God and sharing outdoor adventures. Through our centres in the beautiful wilds of Scotland and a staff team motivated by their Christian faith, we aim to create the very best experiences for each and every guest.