Office Team Member - Abernethy Ardeonaig
Full-time permanent contract
Who should apply?
Abernethy's vision is to provide exceptional outdoor adventure experiences where our guests can discover more about themselves, others and God. This role is essential to our ministry as our Administrators are often the first point of contact for guests. We are looking for someone who is highly organised and reliable and who has a good level of initiative. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
You might feel that you are interested in this vacancy but don't yet possess the relevant training, in this instance we would be willing to consider appointing a Trainee Office Team member.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy Office Team Member?
- To deal with routine enquiries by phone, e-mail and face to face
- To handle enquiries at the Reception Desk and deal with them
- To provide information to guests and departments within the centre before, during and after a visit
- To liaise with group leaders before and during their stay
- To undertake general administration relating to the running of a busy outdoor centre
- To ensure the booking administration is efficient
- Active involvement with our 'Explore' Christian programme
- Involvement with the local church
What experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
- Good office and administration skills
- Previous experience of working in an office environment with Microsoft Office applications
- Previous experience of phone contact in a work environment
- Self motivated, discreet and demonstrating initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
What are the benefits?
- A monthly salary
- Full-board, single accommodation provided
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
How to apply:
Download our application form HERE
Contact Operations Director, Dave Nelson, informally for more information by calling 01557 820523
Complete an online enquiry form
and we will be in touchOR e-mail our Recruitment Administrator, Steph Walling or call her on 01479 818001
Abernethy is a group of 4 residential adventure centres and a bunkhouse in Scotland and we are all about living life to the full with God and sharing outdoor adventures. Through our centres in the beautiful wilds of Scotland and a staff team motivated by their Christian faith, we aim to create the very best experiences for each and every guest.