Summer Team 2018 - All Centres
Full-time, short-term contract - positions available for 1-6 months between April & September 2018
Who should apply?
Abernethy's vision is to provide exceptional outdoor adventure experiences where our guests can discover more about themselves, others and God. This role is essential to our ministry as our house & kitchen team are essential for providing quality residential experiences for our guests. We look for hands-on team players who are at least 17 years old and have a good level of initiative to fill this role. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy Summer Team Member?
- To work with the kitchen and housekeeping team, ensuring high standards of customer service for guests at the centre
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the centre
- To deliver a high standard of meals to our guests and residential staff
- Active involvement with our 'Explore' Christian programme
- Involvement with the local church
What experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
- A motivated, flexible individual who demonstrates initiative and a willingness to take on tasks
- You need to be at least 17 years old, preferably with some experience of cooking & cleaning
- An awareness of health and safety requirements and safe working practices
- Experience working within a team and on your own
- Positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
What are the benefits?
- £30 weekly pocket money & benefits in kind for being a part of our team
- Full-board, single accommodation provided
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment
- Opportunities in free time to take part in any of the outdoor activities on offer
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
- You will hopefully be challenged in your own walk with God as you join with others in sharing the Gospel with guests visiting the Centre.
How to apply:
If, once you have thought and prayed this through, you feel you are the kind of team member we are looking for, please complete an application form (with a passport-sized photograph), giving us as much information as possible.
Download our application form HERE
Complete an online enquiry form and we will be in touch
e-mail our Recruitment Manager, Morag Felgate or call her on 01567 820955 to request a form
Abernethy is a group of 4 residential adventure centres and a bunkhouse in Scotland and we are all about living life to the full with God and sharing outdoor adventures. Through our centres in the beautiful wilds of Scotland and a staff team motivated by their Christian faith, we aim to create the very best experiences for each and every guest.