Team Member & Youth Worker - Abernethy Barcaple & Church of Scotland
Full-time, permanent contract, closing date 30 October
Who should apply?
Abernethy's vision is to provide exceptional outdoor adventure experiences where our guests can discover more about themselves, others and God. This role is a position made possible by the links developed between Abernethy and the local church. This is a great opportunity to experience a range of different types of youth work and to get involved in a community. We are looking for a hands on team player who has a good level of initiative. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy Team Member & Youth Worker?
- You will live on-site and be part of our Abernethy community
- For 60% of the time, you will be hands-on in working for Abernethy in one of our departments (this could be housekeeping, catering or maintenance depending on your qualifications and experience)
- You will be involved in our ‘Explore’ sessions, sharing the Christian faith
- For 40% of the time, you will work for the local church, leading the Youth Work provision and outreach to young people in the local community
- Encouraging development of team members and providing opportunities for serving in youth work
What skills & experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
- You will have work experience working with young people in at least one of the following: Christian ministry/church work, youth work, teaching, outreach, evangelism, leading a team
- You will have a growing Christian faith and be genuinely interested in sharing the Gospel
- You will have work experience in your chosen department
- A full UK driving licence
- Previous experience of attending/serving at a Christian centre or camp
- Enthusiasm and aptitude and ability to work hard as part of a team
- Positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
- Administrative skills
What are the benefits?
- A monthly salary
- Full-board single accommodation provided
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
How to apply:
Download our application form HERE
Complete an online enquiry form and we will be in touch
e-mail our Recruitment Administrator, Steph Walling or call her on 01479 818001
Abernethy is a group of 4 residential adventure centres and a bunkhouse in Scotland and we are all about living life to the full with God and sharing outdoor adventures. Through our centres in the beautiful wilds of Scotland and a staff team motivated by their Christian faith, we aim to create the very best experiences for each and every guest.