Full-time - Maternity cover (with potential for the contract to be extended).
Start July/August 2017
Abernethy delivers the best outdoor adventure experience possible in some of the most stunning and wildest locations in Scotland. We are a team that is passionate about serving our guests staying at our 4 outdoor adventure centres and bunkhouse, ensuring they have an experience to remember for years to come! Would you like to join us at an exciting time for Abernethy as we look to rebuild our centres and ensure our guests continue to get one of the best adventures Scotland has to offer!
What are the key tasks?
- To work with the Deputy Chief Executive, Marketing Manager, external Fundraising Consultant and other members of the team, to implement our fundraising strategy. Initially this is to raise £1.5 million for our current capital project over the next 3 years
- To research Trusts and Foundations who are relevant to our projects
- To research Trustees, establish connections to Abernethy and make relationships
- To establish relationships with the gatekeepers of Trusts and Foundations and to submit appropriate applications for funding
- To research with connect with other potential mega donors
- To develop links / events that will encourage engagement
Ideally, what are we looking for?
- Able to interpret and implement a fundraising strategy
- Proven track record of working with all levels within an organisation
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial and ‘can do’ outlook, able to work flexibly and without direct supervision
- A strong project planner able to meet deadlines and achieve targets
- Well presented, confident, articulate being credible face to face and on the phone across a diverse range of stakeholders
- Able to research and turn plans into actions
- Good command of written English
- Willing to travel and stay away as required
- Experience of team working and project groups
- Able to actively support the Christian ethos of the Trust and be a positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
- Previous fundraising experience
- Ability to write proposals for funding and other bids with strong marketing messaging skills
- Knowledge of the key fundraising streams
- Basic monthly salary
- Full board accommodation provided with fuel bills paid for or a live-out allowance
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment & swimming pool
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
For an application pack, contact Morag Felgate 01567 820523 email@example.com
To discuss the vacancy further contact Amanda Robinson, Marketing Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org