House Team Leader - Abernethy Barcaple
Who should apply?
This challenging and varied role is essential to our ministry as our house team is essential for providing clean facilities for our guests and the appearance of the house is in itself a powerful Christian witness. We are looking for a hands on team player who has a good level of initiative. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy House Team Leader?
- To supervise, train and work with the housekeeping team, ensuring high standards of customer service for guests at the centre on a daily basis
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the centre
- To supervise changeover days, including organising the laundry and lost property
- To have a working knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations and COSHH
- Involvement with ‘Explore’ Christian programme, explaining and sharing the Christian faith with our guests.
What experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
- A motivated, flexible individual who demonstrates initiative
- Previous experience of working in a housekeeping department
- Previous experience of supervising/ leading a team
- Positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
What are the benefits?
- A monthly salary
- Full board accommodation provided
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
How to apply:
Download our application form HERE
Contact Operations Director Andy Wade, informally for more information by calling 01557 820261
Complete an online enquiry form and we will be in touch
e-mail our Recruitment Manager, Morag Felgate or call her on 01567 820955
Abernethy is a group of 4 outdoor adventure centres and a bunkhouse in Scotland with an additional winter training base in the Swiss Alps. We are a Christian organisation and are passionate about seeing our guests experience the love of Christ through the care and contact that they receive. Abernethy was established in 1971 and, since then has grown to include a team of over 100 people, some full time and some part time, some here as a gap year and some as a long term career. The team is trained to deliver the best outdoor instruction possible in some of the most stunning (and occasionally remote) locations in Scotland. We are here to serve guests, ensuring they have an experience to remember for years to come!