Maintenance Gap Year - Abernethy Ardeonaig
Who should apply?
This challenging and varied role is essential to our ministry as our maintenance team is essential for providing well maintained grounds and facilities for our guests. We are looking for a hands on team player who has a good level of initiative. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy Maintenance Gap Year?
- To assist in carrying out planned maintenance tasks as is required on buildings and essential services. This may include painting and decorating, general repairs, development of the facilities, waste and pest control, cleaning vehicles and other jobs.
- To assist with unplanned maintenance tasks as and when they arise. Occasionally this may be outside of "normal" working hours.
- To assist in servicing the grounds of the estate as they require it, ensuring that boundaries are maintained, lawns are cut and all areas are kept tidy and in good repair.
- Involvement with ‘Explore’ Christian programme, explaining and sharing the Christian faith with our guests.
- Throughout the year there will be a number of times set aside for teaching, both spiritual and practical. These will include team fellowship on a weekly basis, a conference with the teams from all Abernethy centres, as well as opportunities to attend other conferences and training courses held at the Abernethy centres.
What experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
Experience in maintenance would be an advantage, but not essential.
Enthusiasm and aptitude and ability to work hard as part of a team are more important than highly developed skills as full training will be given.
Positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
What are the benefits?
- A monthly salary
- Full board accommodation provided
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
How to apply:
Download our application form HERE
Complete an online enquiry form and we will be in touch
e-mail our Recruitment Manager, Morag Felgate or call her on 01567 820523
Abernethy is a group of 4 outdoor adventure centres and a bunkhouse in Scotland with an additional winter training base in the Swiss Alps. We are a Christian organisation and are passionate about seeing our guests experience the love of Christ through the care and contact that they receive. Abernethy was established in 1971 and, since then has grown to include a team of over 100 people, some full time and some part time, some here as a gap year and some as a long term career. The team is trained to deliver the best outdoor instruction possible in some of the most stunning (and occasionally remote) locations in Scotland. We are here to serve guests, ensuring they have an experience to remember for years to come!