Maintenance Team Member - Abernethy Nethybridge
Who should apply?
This practical hands-on role is essential to our ministry as the standards of our facilities and grounds are in themselves a powerful Christian witness and key to providing an enjoyable experience for our guests. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player to assist in the day-to-day operations in our Maintenance Team to help us keep our extensive grounds, facilities and vehicles in tip-top condition. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy Maintenance Team Member?
- Contribute to the safe and effective running of the maintenance department
- Contribute to the upkeep and development of centre properties, facilities (inc. swimming pool), vehicle fleet and grounds
- Active involvement with ‘Explore’ Christian programme
- Responding to emergency maintenance needs, sometimes outwith normal working hours
- Maintaining and repairing machinery and plant equipment
- Effective liaising with external service providers such as suppliers, tradesmen and contractors
What experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
- General maintenance experience
- Aptitude for learning and problem solving skills
- High standard of workmanship with attention to detail
- An awareness of health and safety requirements and safe working practices
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate others within a team
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Positive Christian role model to our guests and team
- An understanding of the basic principles of plumbing, painting & decorating
- D1 qualification on Driving Licence
- Welding qualification
- Experience of vehicle mechanics
- At least 4 years in a trade/apprenticeship
What are the benefits?
- A monthly salary
- Full board accommodation provided or 'live-out' allowance
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
- Easy access to the local area - the Cairngorm National Park and the Moray coast
How to apply:
Download our application form HERE
Contact Operations Director, Andrew Marrian, informally for more information by calling 01479 821279
Complete an online enquiry form and we will be in touch
e-mail our Recruitment Manager, Morag Felgate or call her on 01567 820955
Abernethy is a group of 4 outdoor adventure centres and a bunkhouse in Scotland with an additional winter training base in the Swiss Alps. We are a Christian organisation and are passionate about seeing our guests experience the love of Christ through the care and contact that they receive. Abernethy was established in 1971 and, since then has grown to include a team of over 100 people, some full time and some part time, some here as a gap year and some as a long term career. The team is trained to deliver the best outdoor instruction possible in some of the most stunning (and occasionally remote) locations in Scotland. We are here to serve guests, ensuring they have an experience to remember for years to come!