Summer Instructor - Abernethy Centres
Full or Part-time short-term contract for 1-6 months between April & September 2018.
Who should apply?
Abernethy's vision is to provide exceptional outdoor adventure experiences where our guests can discover more about themselves, others and God. This role is essential to our ministry as our outdoor instructors are key to providing a safe, educational and enjoyable experience for our guests. We are looking for a hands-on team player to assist in the day-to-day delivery of our excellent activity programmes. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy Instructor?
- Delivering high quality outdoor activity instruction both on & off site for our guests
- Ensuring that activity equipment is checked and maintained according to our policies
- Working with the other instructors to coordinate groups that are in residence
- Active involvement with ‘Explore' evening Christian programme
What experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
- Full UK driving licence preferably with D1 entitlement (Minibus)
- At least 2 NGB qualifications such as: Archery Award, UKCC Level 2 Paddlesports (either Canoe or Kayak), BOF Award, DofE Assessor/Supervisor, Level 2 Mountain Biking Award, Mountain Leader, Moderate Water Endorsement, RYA Award or SPA
- First Aid certificate
- Previous relevant work experience
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of risk management and risk benefit
- Experience and evidence of working as part of a team
- Motivated and demonstrates initiative
- Positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
What are the benefits?
- A monthly salary
- Full-board, single accommodation provided
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum accrued pro rata)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
How to apply:
Download our application form HERE and e-mail it in with a covering email detailing the dates you would be available to work for
Complete the online enquiry form and we will be in touch
e-mail our Recruitment Manager, Morag Felgate or call her on 01567 820955
Abernethy is a group of 4 residential adventure centres and a bunkhouse in Scotland and we are all about living life to the full with God and sharing outdoor adventures. Through our centres in the beautiful wilds of Scotland and a staff team motivated by their Christian faith, we aim to create the very best experiences for each and every guest.